An Interface for Your Mac/PC and iPad
With Steinberg's UR22mkII, you can record studio-grade sound, right on your laptop or iPad. When it comes to audio and build quality, the UR22mkII punches above its weight with top-shelf components, flexible I/O, and bundled software that make it a veritable mobile production platform at an unbelievable price. Of course, connected to a Mac or PC, the UR22 has always been a solid interface. But now with the mkII version, you also have pro-level recording on your iPad for an unprecedented level of flexibility. On the road or in the studio, the Steinberg UR22mkII delivers.
Steinberg UR22mkII USB Audio Interface at a Glance:
Easy, stable integration with any recording rig
- Easy, stable integration with any recording rig
- Bundled Steinberg software for computer and iPad
For the UR22mkII, Steinberg's crack team of audio and driver software developers engineered an I/O implementation that gives you both stability and flexibility, with drivers that support ASIO, Core Audio, and WDM standards. This means you can connect to all DAWs that support any of these universal standards. What's more, the UR22mkII features CC Mode, which enables it to easily connect to your iPad and work with a broad range of iOS audio apps.
Bundled Steinberg software for computer and iPad
The UR22mkII includes Cubase AI, a streamlined version of Steinberg's world-class Mac/Windows production environment. On the road? Download Cubasis LE from the App Store for an enticing palette of recording and mixing features optimized for touchscreen operation on your iPad. Especially cool is the fact that Cubase can open Cubasis LE projects, so you can quickly capture your musical ideas on your iPad, then transfer them to Cubase for further development in your studio. With this degree of flexibility, you can take projects from concept to mastered album - all with one compact and cost-effective piece of hardware. The first-generation UR22 was a hit here at Ragtime, but the UR22mkII ups the ante, big time!
Steinberg UR22mkII USB Audio Interface Features:
Steinberg's UR22mkII is the heart of your studio/mobile recording rig!
- 24-bit/192kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- 2 Class A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48-volt phantom power
- 2 combo inputs (hi-Z switch on input 2)
- 2 TRS outputs and headphone jack with independent level
- iPad ready with CC Mode and additional USB mini socket
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring with Mix balance control MIDI input and output
- Rugged all-metal housing
- Loopback function for streaming performances live
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software (download) for Mac and PC
- Cubasis LE DAW app for iOS (download) included
- Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, OS X and iPad*
- *Requires optional Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB cable
- *Requires external power input when connected to iPad