The EPQ Series power amplifiers pack the power of Accelerated Transient Response (ATR) technology into an exceptionally lightweight package. Ample power and high-tech efficiency combine to give you a feather-light supercharged workhorse that will keep your rig kicking for years to come.
It takes huge pulses of energy (current and voltage) to propel a woofer cone out fast enough to match a bass beat. That's called Transient Response and it's the holy grail of amp designers. By carefully selecting transistors with extremely high slew rates and optimizing other proprietary parts of our circuitry, our amps are able to react instantly to even the most demanding electronic bass impulses. If the woofers in your PA system can keep up, your audience will hear a tighter, crisper, more natural sound.
Instead of operating relatively continuously like most power amps, the EPQ power amps feature rail tracking for effectively modulating the power supply rails with only the peaks of the input signal. This technology has revolutionized pro audio amp designs with its outstanding performance and efficiency. When combined with switching-mode power supplies that do away with heavy toroid transformers, our new designs provide more dynamic punch and, because they are so much more efficient, run cooler and don't require huge, heavy heat sinks.
On the back panels of the EPQ2000 and EPQ1200, the INPUTs accept balanced XLR, 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced 1/4" TS and RCA connections. Flick the LIMITER ON/OFF switch to activate the built-in overload protection, or turn it off if you're feeling lucky.
- 2 x 390 Watts into 4 Ohms; 2 x 245 Watts into 8 Ohms
- ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity
- Ultra-light, ultra-low noise and ultra-efficient switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption
- Independent limiters for each channel offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- Precise Power, Signal and Clip LEDs to monitor performance
- Servo-balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs plus professional speaker connectors
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show
- 'Back-to-front' ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
- "Built-like-a-tank", impact-resistant and all-steel 1U rackmount chassis
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) and ultra-light weight design (10.8 lbs / 4.9 kg) fits into compact, inexpensive effects racks
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany