Demon-fx 83 Overdrive and distortion guitar pedal
Based on NORDVANG 83 DRIVE
Blues breaker and KLON CENTAUR
'83 Drive v2.0 is a dual overdrive guitar pedal and the ultimate tone machine, providing a variety of delicious tones. It can be used as an always on drive tone all the way to a mid boosting lead tone. Our take on the legendary Klon Centaur-style overdrive and the Black Box Bluesbreaker, it features two independent overdrives, giving you two classic drive sounds favored by many guitarists in one enclosure.Our inspiration for the ’83 Drive came from our enthusiasm for each of the two pedals used alone and by how amazing they sounded when stacked.The ’83 Drive is divided into a side A (left) and a side B (right), separated by the order toggle switch in the middle which flips the internal order of the effects and hence the signal path from guitar to amp.Side A features the bluesbreaker-style circuit with external knobs for GAIN, TONE, VOLUME and a two position toggle switch labeled LOWS. The lows switch changes the bass response of the circuit.The side B features the Klon Centaur-style circuit with external knobs for GAIN, TREBLE, OUTPUT and a two position toggle switch labeled CLIPPING. The clipping switch toggles between a pair of germanium or schottky clipping diodes.Both sides can be used separately or stacked.TRS split: Besides using the two sides of '83 DRIVE in serial mode, either A->B or A<-B, . The two 1/4" jacks, which in serial mode are used for signal in and out, will in split mode serve as IN+OUT for each side.
TonesSide A (left)
- Replica of the circuit of the first BB1 - Black Box Blues Breaker circuit.
- External two position lows toggle switch for extended low frequency response
Side B (Right)
- Exact replica of the Klon Centaur-circuit.
- External two position Clipping switch to switch between a pair of Germanium - or a pair of Schottky clipping diodes in the overdrive gain stage.
- The germanium diodes we use are NOS original russian NOS D9B
External switch to choose in which order the signal passes through the two circuits.
The ’83 Drive is built using carefully selected top shelf components::
- VISHAY 1% metalfilm resistors
- WIMA MKP10, MKS4 and FKP2 film capacitors - no electrolytes in the audio circuit.
- VIMEX sealed potentiometers
- TAIWAY toggle switche